Looking for your new favourite summer meal? Charcuterie boards are a great way to put out a casual (but beautiful) option for those summer evening get togethers.
What you'll need:
- A board (we love our branded ones from John Rousseau Designs in Summerland!)
- Selection of proten
- vegan cheeses are a great alternative to traditional dairy
- looking for a vegetarian protein? add an assortment of nuts or some grilled and sliced portobello mushrom
- In season fruits and veggies (great for adding colour!)
- Crackers and / or baguette
- Dips - we love putting cups of hummus on our boards
- Olives and other small 'fillers'
Start with your meats and cheeses - decide if you'd rather cut them into bit size pieces, or simply leave on the board with a knife beside them.
We suggest working from the edges of your board inwards, as these can provide a barrier for smaller objects that may roll off easier.
Chop up your fruit and veggies and arrange in the middle of the board - don't forget to leave room for crackers or bread on the side!
If you find you do run out of room, crackers and baguette slices look great in a basket beside your board,
Fill any empty spots in with nuts, dips, and olives! Either lay these out or put them in small bowls throughout the board.